October 16, 2009

Breakfast burrito; bike building

I was thinking about writing out lyrics for a song about the breakfast burrito I ate this morning made with eggs, cheese, and salsa in a wheat flour tortilla. I'm very full now and super happy about it. (Thanks, C)

Also, I'm downing some good, bold coffee, while waiting to make room for one of the muffins I brought in for "National Bosses' Day."

Friday! High of 43-degree "efffffff." Wish I made time to ride my bike to work today. Hopefully I'll get to cruise around this weekend.
--
I should mention I'm getting revved up to start piecing together a project bike to be completed before snow falls. Basically I've gathered a lot of stock parts for a Surly Cross Check and I'm trying to figure where I can splurge on upgrades while selling off stuff I don't need. If I don't splurge much I will be able to build this for about $300 less than it would cost at a bike shop. Baam! (P.S. I sold my IRO and plan on selling the Fuji to break even on this project towards my dream bike). Right now I'm struggling with crankset compatibility and it's driving me nuts
--
OH YEAH! I forgot to mention, on our way out of Columbus toward Yellow Springs for that camping trip, we stopped by the bus-weighing scale outside of COSI (science/industry museum) to weigh ourselves. All 8 of us, plus our loaded bikes, weighed 1700 lbs. Daaaaag.

No comments:

Post a Comment